2023 Skate Canada PEI Provincial Coaches' Seminar
August 4 to 6, 2023 | Rodd Royalty Hotel
Skate Canada PEI is thrilled to announce our upcoming Provincial Coaches' Seminar from August 4-6, 2023. Best of all, participation in this invaluable three-day event is absolutely free of charge. This is a wonderful opportunity for professional development, networking, and collaborative learning within our figure skating community.
Heather McMahon holds the position of Senior Manager for Skating Programs at Skate Canada, where her extensive knowledge and vast experience are instrumental. Heather's involvement with the national service center staff spans 15 years, during which time she has assumed numerous roles, ranging from administrative tasks to her current managerial position.
One of Heather's noteworthy achievements is her significant contribution to the team that developed the current CanSkate, PowerSkate, and STAR 1-5 programs. She also played an integral role in the creation of the STAR 1-Gold assessment structure. The team's current focus is on creating and expanding opportunities for Adult and Adaptive participants, a project Heather is passionately involved in.
Heather's competencies extend beyond management; she is a learning facilitator and coach evaluator for both CanSkate coach and Regional coach levels within the NCCP. In addition, she maintains a hands-on approach as an NCCP National level coach. With an impressive coaching career that has lasted over three decades, Heather's dedication to the sport is unquestionable.
- Engagement, Empowerment, and Mentorship for New Coaches
- Effective Communication with Skaters, Parents, Board Members, and more
- Techniques for Constructive Feedback and Continual Education
- Efficient Ice Use, Training Techniques, and Programming Strategies
- Understanding Skater Development
- Grasping Rules and Regulations
- Resources for Information Sourcing
- Friday, August 4, 2023 (9:00 am to 2:00 pm): Engagement, Empowerment, and Mentorship for New Coaches; Techniques for Constructive Feedback and Continual Education
- Saturday, August 5, 2023 (9:00 am to 200 pm): Effective Communication with Skaters, Parents, Board Members, and more; Understanding Skater Development; Grasping Rules and Regulations; CanSkate
- Sunday, August 6, 2023 (9:00 am to 2:00 pm): Efficient Ice Use, Training Techniques, and Programming Strategies; Resources for Information Sourcing
Main Content Page Title
This is a single page layout with no area for a sub-menu. You can enter in all the content you would like including adding images and links to files you may want to upload.
Click on the Edit icon (looks like a pencil) on the top right of this area to replace this this content with your own information.
Bottom Content Title
This is an additional section to be able to add content