Sherwood Parkdale Skating Club (Posted April 29, 2021)
Sherwood Parkdale Skating Club is looking to add two-three enthusiastic Canskate Coaches and one CanPowerSkate Coach to our Coaching Team for the 2021-2022 Season. Future candidates taking the NCCP Canskate Course in the summer of 2021 may apply conditionally and will be considered based on requirements met by start of season. Our club offers seven Canskate Sessions, two CanPowerSkate Sessions and competitive wages. Regional/Provincial/National Coaches may apply for consideration. Our growing club skates out of Cody Banks Arena in Charlottetown with a Community Program in Crapaud. Our season begins in September with a Fall Program. Our Winter Season runs from October through March. We have a full spectrum of programs including Canskate, Starskate (Jumpstart, Juniors, Seniors), Adults, Sledge Canskate, CanPowerSkate & Synchronized Skating. Competitive Skating is encouraged and works within the framework of our Starskate Programs.
The successful candidate(s) will meet the following requirements:
- Registered Professional Coach in good standing (with Skate Canada)
● Meets National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) requirements with a minimum Canskate in-training Status
● Willingness to work with other coaches, parents, volunteers and executive
● Good communication skills and pays attention to detail
● Be interested in continuing education in coaching
For inquiries or to forward your resume please contact Chanda Bissett at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
KZ Skating School (Posted April 28,2021)
KZ Skating School, based in PEI, is looking to add to its Coaching Team for the 2021-2022 Season. Our growing School offers CanSkate and STARSkate programs. Our Winter season operates on Tuesdays (4-6pm) and Saturdays (1:50-4pm) from October to March at the APM Centre in Cornwall. We also offer Spring, Summer and Fall Schools that are 2-3 days weekly.
The successful candidate(s) will meet the following criteria:
● Is a registered Professional Coach in good standing with Skate Canada
● Has obtained a minimum CanSkate trained status, preferred CanSkate Certified or Regional in-training
● Is a Team player and works well with other coaches, volunteers and parents
● Demonstrates strong communication and leadership skills on and off the ice
● Currently resides, or is planning to reside (post-secondary student) in PEI by September 1, 2021
For inquiries and application submissions, please refer to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: August 1, 2021 *Applications submitted earlier will be contacted in a timely fashion to fill our positions sooner with qualified candidates.